In signing this petition, you are putting your name to the principles outlined below and granting your permission to be contacted in relation to this campaign.
Your email address will not be used for any other purpose.
We urge ACX Audible, in the interest of business ethics and fairness, to:
- provide monthly returns statements for all books from date of publication.
- pay for its unorthodox “returns and exchange” swap scheme from its own share of revenue
- pay compensation for monies wrongly debited from creator accounts via the secret returns accounting system
- supply transparent, detailed payment reports going forward
- install an appeals mechanism for future high-level grievances to be dealt with by management and senior management in a timely manner
- correspond fairly and respectfully with authors who question payments, or whose accounts are closed /accused of fraud, etc.
Do you agree that these requests are fair and reasonable? Do you care about authors, narrators, and the future of the self-publishing industry?