Work with us
If you’re passionate about books, writing and self-publishing, want to be part of an influential non-profit organization for independent authors, and enjoy working as part of a global, online team, see below for our current opportunities.
If nothing is listed, nothing is available right now.
All positions are offered on a freelance, online-work basis unless otherwise stated. Fees and hours are worked out together during the interview process.
ALLi Blog Editor
The ALLi blog editor (Self-Publishing Advice Blog: SelfPublishingAdvice.org) plays a vital role in our digital content team and is responsible for overseeing the creation, editing, and publication of blog posts to ensure they meet our organization's standards, policies and goals.
- Content Creation: Writing blog content and calendar management.
- Content Editing and Layout: Approving final versions of content before publication, including SEO, social media etc.
- Content Oversight: Ensuring content adheres to the organization's standards, voice, and style.
- Quality Control: Enforcing guidelines for things like grammar, style, accuracy, and clarity.
- Team Management: Liaising with the SPAC editorial team, ALLi members, contributing writers, editors, and others, ensuring other team members aligns with ALLi goals and policies.
- Contributor Management: Assigning projects, providing feedback, and mentoring contributors.
To perform these tasks effectively, the ALLi blog editor needs a specific set of skills and qualifications:
- Writing and Editing Skills: Proficient in grammar and style, able to create clear, engaging, and error-free content.
- SEO Knowledge: A good understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices to help ensure the blog's content ranks well in search engine results. This includes knowing how to use keywords effectively, how to optimize metadata, and the importance of backlinks.
- Content Management Systems (CMS): Familiarity with WordPress – how to upload content, format posts, and use various features of the platform.
- Project Management: Strong organizational and project management skills, able to keep track of deadlines and coordinate with writers, designers, and other team members.
- Communication Skills: Strong communication skills as you will be working with members, other writers and contributors, and other members of the ALLi team.
- Content Strategy: Good understanding of content strategy and be able to help develop and implement strategies that align with the organization's goals, policies and ethos.
- Research Skills: Able to fact-check content, understand audience needs, and stay informed about trends and best practices in the industry.
- Creativity: Able to come up with fresh ideas for blog content and find innovative ways to engage self-publishing authors.
- Collaboration: You should be able to show you can work well in a team and collaborate effectively with other team members.
In terms of qualifications, a bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or a related field is expected, as well as relevant experience in content creation and editing.
Send your cv and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org