ALLi has a code of standards which our Partner Members must adhere to before they can complete the approval process.
- Integrity: We recognise that Partner Membership of ALLi means our primary aim is to be of service to the writing and reading community. To that end, we follow through on all promised services and fully honour all advertisements and publication agreement terms. We never spam, oversell, or harass authors to buy our services.
- Value: We add value to each publication commensurate with the fee charged, relieving authors of key publishing tasks, enhancing readability, design, or discoverability.
- Clarity: We make it clear what we can and cannot do for the self-publishing writer, and how our service compares to others.
Partnership: We involve authors in planning and decision-making for key aspects of the publication process, from titles and cover design to sales and marketing strategies.
- Service: We are accountable for our work. We keep authors informed each step of the way and provide good customer service and follow-up.
- Communication: We provide helpful and timely information to authors at all stages of publication and beyond, and facilitate authors to get access to any necessary ancillary information.
- Community: We have a long-term commitment to author-publishing and support the empowerment of self-publishing authors, giving back to the indie author community where possible.
- Terms and conditions: Our terms and conditions of service are clear and unambiguous, explaining the full range of our services, and highlighting any excluded service which a client might reasonably expect to be included.
- Complaints: Our customer complaints policy reassures customers that we value their feedback, are committed to resolving their issues fairly and promptly, and are committed to continuous improvement. We explain how customers can make a formal complaint and identify the steps taken to discuss and resolve complaints, and indicate solutions offered.
- Transparency: Terms, including pricing, are accurate, complete, and transparent to all. We develop trust, loyalty, and put our customers at ease by presenting pricing and other terms in a clear and easy-to-understand format on our website. Pricing is displayed as a total cost, fixed fee, cost per unit, or unambiguous price range. Where this is not possible and quotation pricing is necessary, our website shows indicative example pricing, where necessary referencing a relevant professional organization.
- Continuous improvement: We recognize that we work in a fast-changing industry and commit to keeping up to date with new trends and technologies, particularly those that are beneficial to authors. We incorporate such benefits into our programs or inform authors about their availability.