AskALLi Self-Publishing Advice
AskALLi is an umbrella campaign in which we promise to answer any question anyone might have about self-publishing.
- Member Advice Forum for Associate and Author Members (book editorial, book design, book production, book distribution, book marketing and promotion)
- Member Advice Forum for Professional Members (running an indie author business and selling rights)
- Monthly Member Q&A, where members submit questions in writing to be answered in Google Hangout by the ALLi team
- A Self-publishing Advice Center, our reach-out advice and education program, to the wider indie author community.
- A thrice-yearly free online author conference, Indie Author Fringe
- A weekly broadcast on YouTube and SoundCloud, syndicated as a podcast to Stitcher, Overcast, PlayerFM, and iTunes which includes:
- A Monthly Member Q&A on the first week of each month hosted by Debbie Young and David Penny
- A Beginners’ Self-Publishing Salon on the third week of each month hosted by Jay Artale and Micheal La Ronn
- An Advanced Self-Publishing Salon on the last week of each month hosted by Orna Ross and Joanna Penn
At ALLi, we pride ourselves on being able to answer any self-publishing question, while being careful to distinguish between fact and opinion. We rejecting speculation in favor of what has been tried and tested by thousands of members and followers. And we offer best practice advice while recognizing that indie authors, by definition, are the experts in their own work and the creative director of their books and careers.
However you choose to publish, AskALLi offers advice you can trust, in a collegiate spirit that allows you to make up your own mind.
Make sure to visit our Self-Publishing Advice Center for daily blog posts about every aspect of self-publishing and running an indie author business.